Team KDM will hire a Community Engagement Manager to support and shape the outreach strategy for HBCUs located in Opportunity Zones participating in the What Works for HBCUs in Opportunity Zone HUD University Research Partnership. This position will report to Team KDM’s CEO.
The candidate will be responsible for the design and deployment of methods to facilitate the flow of information to and from communities related to HUD’s STEM Innovation Networks, Envision Centers, the Department of Energy’s Equity in Energy, the White House Opportunity Zone Revitalization Council goals and objectives, Federal agencies STEAM programs guided by Federal agency Memorandums of Understanding between Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), United State Department of Agriculture, the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, and NSF’s AI in Agriculture and AI in Energy.
Key Tasks (These are representative assignments and are not intended to be all-inclusive.)
· Develop and execute the launch strategy and ongoing engagement plan for the formal launch of the Open Government TV, KDM and What Works in STEAM website
· Create, source, curate, organize, and advertise website content
· Oversee the creation, launch, and ongoing implementation of a blog, on research and evidenced-based instructional strategies to prepare a diverse STEAM workforce and science-literate public, as well as guest editors and authors.
· Produce online, What Works Online led forums intended to foster continued dissemination and collaboration among PIs and others.
· Grow and manage project presence and reach across social media platforms and through forging symbiotic partnerships with relevant organizations/initiatives/individuals
· Promote relevant broader community participation as content creators and active consumers across various virtual platforms and in-person events
· Additional duties, as assigned
- Develop and execute the content and engagement strategy for the Wha Forum which t Works for HBCUs in Opportunity Zones to include member spotlights, news summaries, journal clubs, synthesis of archive material and more
- Develop and execute the launch strategy for the formal launch of the Innovation in Agriculture & Energy Summit 2020 and 2021™.
- Create and source all content for the community in its inception period
- Identify and communicate with broadening participation professionals in a variety of settings to encourage them to participate in the IAE Summit 2020-2021™
- Host webinars, podcasts, and other onboarding activities such as welcome threads and skills shares to welcome and integrate new members on a regular basis
- Respond to queries from OZ HBCU members which may include technical questions, offers of expertise, and requests for content development
- Moderate conversations for relevance – encouraging a diversity of input and creating a respectful environment for productive discussion
- Oversee the selection and day-to-day support of a small team of Community Leaders to manage the topical sub-groups – including assisting in their training as community engagement managers
- Develop a community playbook for the Open Forum to codify the key components of the community strategy and to scale the IAE Summit 2020™ community activities via the topical sub-groups and beyond
- Report on engagement metrics for the groups on a regular basis, devising appropriate changes in content strategy as the community matures
- Excellent communication skills, especially in the online environment – a demonstrable online presence such as blog and Twitter account is desirable
- Community-focused connector – with a desire to facilitate diverse, inclusive and productive dialogue
- Polite, friendly manner at all times – sound judgment about when to intervene in discussions
- Persistent and effective problem-solver with an attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker able to coordinate multiple sub-projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with technical challenges and explaining them to others
- Flexible and responsive – familiar with online tools and able to quickly adapt to using new ones
- Able to manage and inspire a volunteer team in roles with which they may be unfamiliar
- Education to graduate level in a scientific, communications, or education-focused discipline
- Project management, website administration, database management
- Knowledge and experience of broadening participation and research activities in STEAM
- Experience in progressively responsible positions in education and resource development, working with undergraduate and graduate students, designing professional development opportunities for scientists, serving on or coordinating committees, or working with academic or informal education professionals (museums, libraries, coalitions, scientific societies) on public engagement and science outreach
- At least two years of experience in a communications-related role – including creation of online content and synthesis of materials and/or own professional blog or other online presence
- Community development and volunteer coordination
- Website design and administration, including dexterity with web content management software (e.g., HTML/CSS, Square Space, WordPress, website design and administration)
- Desktop publishing tools (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft